Marketing Plans That Work
- Are your marketing efforts delivering results?
- Are all your marketing campaigns working together, or are they going in random directions, just hoping for the best?
- Are you using the right mix of social media, SEO, PR, PPC and other components to reach your target audience effectively and regularly?
- Is your marketing budget in line with your overall business growth objectives (and your competitors)?
- Are you keeping up with your competition, or are you slowly falling behind?
Successful businesses understand who represents good customers, bad customers, and mediocre customers. They know more about their competitors than their competitors know about themselves. They also never stop gathering information that will help them succeed in the marketplace. They use this information to reach new customers, retain existing customers, and grow their overall customer base.
Benefits of a Solid Marketing Plan:
- Higher marketing ROI --- your marketing dollars go much farther
- Increased customer retention --- which also leads to lower marketing and sales costs
- Lower management costs --- less time spent chasing "new opportunities", more time spent on sustainable business growth
- Improved business intelligence --- you understand your competitors and your customers better, so you make better decisions
- Higher profits --- and better positioning within the market as leaders rather than followers
Our marketing planning process consists of 9 steps. It is outlined in the sidebar on the right. The process can also be viewed in terms of stages, as follows:
Accurate, current market research makes a difference. Without it, you risk wasting money and time delivering the wrong products at the wrong price with the wrong message to the wrong customers.
Analysis and Planning
We'll develop a marketing strategy that differentiates your business from your competitors. We'll synthesize and analyze findings; differentiate your company from competitors in ways that are meaningful to customers; determine your target markets through data mining; define (or refine) your company’s value proposition; align your organization to close performance gaps, and help your organization deliver the value you promise.
Once the marketing strategy is in place, we'll develop a detailed tactical plan for executing the strategy. This includes marketing channel selection, customer segmentation, product/service mix, price, promotion, processes, and customer service.
Then, we'll help you execute by translating your marketing plan into action through all aspects of the marketing mix: Search Engine Marketing (SEM, Direct marketing, Pricing, Advertising and promotions, Public relations initiatives, Sales support materials, and Event planning.
To be successful in the long run, you need to establish metrics in order to track results and continually refine the approach. These can be as simple as one or two Excel spreadsheets, or as elaborate as a complete executive marketing dashboard.
Our marketing planning process can be tailored to your specific needs. Generally the larger the business, the more involved the marketing plan. But even if your company is small or in the earliest stages of development, we can help you increase revenues and profits.
Running your business without a marketing plan is like driving without a map, a compass, or directions. You'll waste a lot of fuel in the process, and probably run out of gas before you reach your destination.
Our marketing planning process is structured, and adresses three basic questions:
- Where are you now?
- Where do you want to be in the future?
- How will you get there?
We cover both marketing strategies and tactics, and include details such as budgets, timetables, metrics, campaigns, and the resources needed to fulfill your newly determined marketing strategy.